Your dreams have finally come true! A gluten free chocolate cake that does not taste like a huge chunk of cardboard (speaking from personal experience here). Gluten Free desserts are huge right now, and I have concocted the perfect recipe that even my non-gluten free sweeties will enjoy :)
Flourless Chocolate Cake:
4oz unsweetened chocolate chips (I prefer Ghirardelli's)
4oz semisweet chocolate chips (Any semisweet brand will great)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brewed black coffee (I let it cool off some so not scorching hot)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Make sure to grease down cake pan as this is a VERY Moist cake and could have some trouble sticking to the pan
2. Place unsweetened and semi-sweet chocolate and cream in medium size sauce pan. Melt over low heat while continuously stirring until smooth
3. With flat beater on stand mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high until very pale and thick consistency. Once reached correct color and consistency, slowly add chocolate, coffee and salt. Beat for another 1-2 minutes until just blended
4. Pour batter in cake pan. Then place cake pan in a larger baking pan and add enough water to baking pan until the water reaches about half way on cake pan.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake has set but still soft. Sometimes ovens can be finicky so continuously check if the cake needs extra time to set
Once cake is ready, it is best served warm with whipped and fruit toppings or (my personal favorite) ice cream!!
I would love to hear your success stories with this recipe, so please share your feedback and tag @StaySweetNYC in your cake posts :)